Sunday, February 15, 2009

SWEET CINDY

A Tribute to Cindy
For the love she's scattered wherever she's gone.




Many of your favorite things...

Pastel Pink




Ballet



Flowers





Love


Pearls


Favorite Shoes




Dental Hygiene



Salmon

Broccoli

Red Potatoes



A Beautiful Walk



California State Capitol Building


California State Railroad Museum



Coeur d'Alene



If I Were an Angel

If I were an angel I would bring you love in the day
and peace in your dreams.

If I were a butterfly I would fly to the heavens
and plea for more time.

If I knew how to heal I would offer my hands
to bid your pain farewell.

But I am not yet an angel,
I have no wings,
and my hands do not heal.

So once again I close my eyes
and send a prayer for our Sweet Cindy.

A whisper comes back filling my heart
and finally I see.

Your sisters are angels,
our prayers are your butterflies,
and your sweetheart has healed your pain.

I cry tears of joy
and thank our dear Lord
for giving the sweetest gift in the world... a family.

- Autumn

"You're my sweetheart." "And you're my honey."



Special Thanks
To Cindy's angels, Toni and Monica,
for helping me put this together.


11 comments:

  1. That is so sweet. Thanks for posting it. We love you Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote it, crazy huh. I didn't know I could do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome and very beautiful blog site. Autumn, your poem was touching.
    Cindy you are so beautiful and I am sure you are an angel just like your sister Toni; who is my dearest friend. Enjoy your moments together. My prayers are with you all. Love, LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful! I absolutely loved it, it brings such a sweet feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for posting this, Autumn. As people have come and gone, visiting Cindy, we've shown them the tribute and it's comforted each person in many ways. We are doing our very best to care for her and feel the presence of angels helping us each day and through each night. Our hearts have been terribly broken and yet we've felt the tender mercies of the Lord surrounding us on our journey. We appreciate the generous prayers of everyone on her behalf and know they have helped.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindy peacefully slipped away to heaven this morning at 10:05, surrounded by her husband, Scott, son, Roy, sister, Monica, and her husband Phil, sister, Toni, brother, John, and his wife, Patrice. We will miss her so much and consider it a great privilege to have cared for her this past week. Love is forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love you Cindy. We will miss you dearly. Our prayers have been sent to God today thanking him for relieving you of your pain. Now you can go on your beautiful walks again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to Cindy's viewing tonight. She looked so beautiful. I can see now why pink is her favorite color- her coffin was lined with pale pink satin; the color reflected off her making her look like a soft pink rose. She was stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know this post will soon be replaced so I'd like to just add a note. For over a year, we prayed for the miracle of physical healing for Cindy. Each time God said, "No." This greatly saddened each of us who loved her so much. In the end, we learned that God had a better plan. He brought us together as friends and family in a unique way. He surrounded us with his love and compassion, giving a sweetness to this window of time. Now, we know more about LOVE and look at each other in a different light. I, for one, feel that I have "a new heart" as the scriptures say. And I express my gratitude for our Savior and Redeemer who has given us the gift of the atonement and the blessing of eternal life. And, once again, a sincere "Thank You" to Autumn.

    ReplyDelete